Friday, November 05, 2010

O Canada! #1 in hockey. #1 in brand

I'd like to say that my frequent trips to the U.S. this past year has finally paid off.   Canada now has the number one country brand in the world.  I knew this day would come.

Ok, so maybe it was the Winter Olympics in Vancouver--especially the hockey gold medals.  Maybe it was the Canadian clothing put out by The Bay store.  Maybe it was our kick ass troops in Afghanistan.

I know for me, this year I finally forked out the cash and bought myself an authentic Canadian Olympic men's hockey team jersey as well as a 'CANADA' hoodie from Roots (with thumb holes in the sleeves!).  I went to Kelowna for Canada Day and rocked out some live music on a house boat in the middle of Lake Okanagan with my friends while watching the fireworks.

I don't know about you, but after being in the U.S. so much and now returning home, I'm feeling an immense pride for my country.

I know my American friends and co-workers there used to make fun of me being Canadian.  It used to be a running joke, "eh"?  Then I drank them under the table and pulled their jackets over their heads...

2 comments:

Hoarfrost said...

I don't see the point. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

I'd be a lot more happy if Canada wasn't so damn PC though. (real conservative)