Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Come on get happy! or Happy happy joy joy!

Canadians are gettin' happier.

Yesterday was Canada Day (formerly known as Dominion Day) and I think Canadians are also getting more proud of their country. I know I am. Our military makes me proud. Very proud. Our culture, where we take the best of the UK and the US, whether music, comedy, arts, makes me proud.

And I especially enjoy the freedoms we have. Here's the key find:

"The results clearly show that the happiest societies are those that allow people the freedom to choose how to live their lives," University of Michigan political scientist Ronald Inglehart said in a press release.
You can't find a better endorsement of libertarianism than that. While it seems the gov'ts at every level intrude into our lives more and more with useless laws and the like, it's still not all that bad. We really do have it pretty darn good up here.

The more and more I travel in the U.S., the more and more proud I am to be Canadian.

So in the mortal words of Stephen Colbert ... "I Am [Canada] and So Can You!"

No comments: