Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Preston Manning - U.S. Ambassador?

I am not surprised by this rumour. This would be very fitting for such a great man and a true statesman. Not only does he deserve such an honourable post, he'll do a great job at it as well.

Of all the politicians I have ever met, Preston Manning is one of the most sincere and genuine. He always took time to have a picture taken with our young group of whippersnappers.

I remember at a Reform Party rally back in 1997 when I was the Reform Club prez, I broke through the masses and media after his speech to wish him luck on behalf the club and he replied, "And thank you for all the hard work you guys are doing here." That really meant a lot. Well, as far as we knew, we were the largest political club in Canada at the time with over 120 members, but that's beside the point.

No comments: